Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with Federation

3 weeks ago
Sunnywaygis
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, I am trying to federate GIS servers to Portal (10.8.1) and getting this error. We have GIS server and web adaptor both installed on the same machine. The GIS Server web adaptor has valid SSL cert and I can navigate to the URL. What else could be causing this issue? 

Appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks 

Sunnywaygis_2-1723654333656.png

Sunnywaygis_3-1723654872619.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Sunnywaygis 

If possible, would you be able to attempt to disable the firewall temporarily to check if it is a firewall issue? You may need to do this on both machines

Here is a diagram of all the firewall rules, I would ensure that all of these are open on the respective machines:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/windows/pdf/ports-enterprise-deploy-dgm....

Hope that helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
Sunnywaygis
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Cody, I am checking with our IT team to check see if there is firewall issue. 

CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Sunnywaygis 

Just curious if the IT team was able to check on the firewall?

Cody

0 Kudos
Sunnywaygis
Occasional Contributor

This was an issue with SSL for ArcGIS Server that was expired, admin end point was blocked due to this. Once certificate was updated, I was able to federate successfully. 

CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Sunnywaygis 

Great to hear! Glad you got it all sorted!

Cody

0 Kudos
DavidLight
New Contributor III

I am sure you have seen this article, but it seems to describe the federation steps well. Federate an ArcGIS Server site with your portal—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpr...

I am also curious if you can sign in using a fully qualified domain name like https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/home and not use the :6443? 

Sunnywaygis
Occasional Contributor

Thanks David for your input. I am following Esri help page and Yes, I can connect to server endpoint using siteadmin account without port number, no issues there. 

Sunnywaygis
Occasional Contributor

I am in process of validating federation. I am finding that Portal only shows content for image services not from GIS server/Hosting server. I am able to create new hosted services, no issue there. I have tried validating few times but GIS server content doesn't show at all.

Some context here, our configuration is one Portal machine, with One GIS server acting as hosting server(data store on the same machine) and one image server federated. We lost our portal machine previously and we have setup a new machine and install Portal on a new machine. I have federated GIS/Hosting server as well as Image server. Federation shows as successful. 

Any ideas, what to do to bring content from GIS/Hosting sever in Portal? 

0 Kudos