Image Tile Cache map service to OGC

1412
5
Jump to solution
07-26-2016 05:20 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

I am new to ArcServer. I am trying to make a service that other applications can use (Petrosys). The application can read WMS. So, I tuned on WMS for the service but when I try and add a WMS server to ArcCatalog I get a syntax error. I am copying and pasting the url from the from the Capabilities/WMS dialog within the Service Editor into the Add WMS Server dialog.

The service is made from a tile cache that has been copied to a local drive on the server then added to an mxd and published. When I do this same thing with a service that is only vector it works fine. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Forest

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

One cannot have a WMS running off of a tile cache.

"WMS request information over GetCapabilities request we need to have the original data to be queried for information."

The suggestion is to server the original data and eat the performance loss...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Your URL syntax should look something like http://<server>/arcgis/services/<service>/MapServer/WMSServer

forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, it dose look like that, more or less:

http://<server>/arcgis/services/<folder>/<service>/MapServer/WMSServer

It is wired because adding WMS to other services in the same folder works fine....

ArcServer 10.1

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks fine.  What exactly is the "copied tile cache" that you are publishing from the MXD?

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

We have 5 of them. 4 are ortho imagery and 1 is a hydro base layer made from NHD vector data.

They are compact tile caches made on arc 10.3.1 desktop with the Manage Tile Cache tool:

After the caches were made we copied them to a local drive on the server (trying to get the best performance out of them). Then we added the 4 ortho ones to a mxd and published. The hydro was added to it's own mxd and published. I also created a test service from one of the ortho caches today with the same result.

Lastly, yesterday I discovered that they are not printing in our Geocortex site, but are displaying fine. Not sure if this is a related problem.

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

One cannot have a WMS running off of a tile cache.

"WMS request information over GetCapabilities request we need to have the original data to be queried for information."

The suggestion is to server the original data and eat the performance loss...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos