IIS and ArcGIS Server, without Web Adaptor

Jump to solution
11-29-2018 09:20 AM
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to figure out if IIS needs to be configured in any way for an ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 (Windows) setup that will NOT use the Web Adaptor?  I haven't been able to find much documentation explaining this situation when Web Adaptor is out of the equation.

We are using our own reverse proxy server which is located in the DMZ.  This is external facing and we want to use HTTPS Only.  We don't use Web Tier Authentication.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you don't plan on using the Web Adaptor, you don't need to set up IIS on any machine within your deployment. Just configure the reverse proxy to communicate to the Server directly over 6443 following the link mentioned above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Lee,

I recommend taking a look at the following documentation page if you have not already:

Using a reverse proxy server with ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Ente... 

You will need to set the webContextURL property in ArcGIS Server so it will work properly with your reverse proxy.

-Danny

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you don't plan on using the Web Adaptor, you don't need to set up IIS on any machine within your deployment. Just configure the reverse proxy to communicate to the Server directly over 6443 following the link mentioned above.

LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Daniel and Jonathan!  Both supplied me with correct answers to my question...I feel like I can move forward now with the implementation!

0 Kudos