How to determine which map services are using a specific data store?

Jump to solution
06-22-2020 01:51 PM
DurhamGIS
New Contributor II

We're trying to track down the map services that are using a specific data store.  It seems the closest I can get to that information is with the ArcGIS Data Store command utility's describedatastore (ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS ...) command which is limited to the number of current feature layer connections and nothing more. Is it possible to get these details some other way?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DerrickWong
Esri Contributor

Hi Vish Apte

Ah yeah, the manifiest.json. Yeah, querying this via REST will definitely work.

Cheers Vish.

Regards,

Derrick

0 Kudos
JonasPersson
New Contributor II

Hi VishApte

My experience with the manifest is that you cannot find information on which mapserver layer id that correspond to which dataset. Also, the order of the datasets in the manifest does not correspond to the order of the layers in the map service, even for a simple service using a single database and no group layers.

Do you have a simple way to do this? The only way i've found is to download a complete service backup, extract it and the MSDs inside, then traverse the xml-files inside to connect the layer id with the correct dataset.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DurhamGIS sorry to revive an old thread but you should check out Qonda Reports. It does exactly what you are asking. https://getqonda.com/ 

0 Kudos