Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Tile Layers overview page in portal at 11.1 hanging

05-25-2023 12:24 PM
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Here's another one - the overview page for my hosted tile layers is not displaying the overview page since the move from 11.0 to 11.1. 

I can see the item overview just fine in the portal content sharing rest endpoint, e.g 

https://mydns.scgov.net:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest/content/users/user_name/ . . . 

anyone else at 11.1 experiencing this yet?

Thanks,

David

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

This doesn't seem to be an issue for others yet.  I suspect that it is another non-error error.  I just deleted and recreated my hosted tile layers and then just reset the hosted feature layer popup to use..... 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Well, I spoke too soon... This morning the same behavior has appeared again:

screengrab.png

The console log shows no errors, and all of items in the network tab come back as 200 so who knows . . . 

0 Kudos
RobStauder
Regular Contributor

We're seeing the same thing with our 153 Tile Layers since upgrading from 11.0 to 11.1. The item details page hangs on "loading." I looked in the server manager and all settings are greyed out. I restarted the service from REST but no change with the hanging item details page. I found this in the server manager log - 

Error executing tool. Get Cache Info Job ID: jfcc8fff99a6a49d98a289b091df5f821 : ERROR 000583: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid. Failed to execute (Get Cache Info).

I was able to access one of the tile layers through rest item details and view the data using View in:  ArcGIS JavaScript    ArcGIS Online Map Viewer      

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Hmm, I'm not seeing any job errors for getting the cache info in Monitor or in the Manager logs for the Hosted server.  I am seeing that my minimum cache level did not generate:

DavidColey_1-1686241221613.png

I should have a bundle at level 8 but I don't.  I generated the cache 'on-server' through pro 3.1.1 when I pushed the layer up as hosted tile layer.  The cache directory  . . . \directories\arcgiscache\Hosted_EffectiveFloodUpdateTile\EffectiveFloodUpdateTile\_alllayers shows that the level is missing as well.  

So maybe because the level is defined for the tile scheme but missing is what is hanging portal overview.... but again this doesn't sound like your case @RobStauder 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

I can report an update: I generated my missing minimum level 8 tile bundle, but that had no effect on the overview page.  The overview page still does not show in portal, and the Settings page remains greyed out.  Probably should have mentioned the settings page grey-out at the beginning of this thread

0 Kudos
GG907
by
New Contributor

We are running into the same issue with 11.1. If I go to a generic map, I can find and add the layer, but from the layer overview page, I just get the loading screen.  Was there ever a resolution found for this issue?

0 Kudos
MicahSeybold
Occasional Contributor

I am having this issue with the item overview hanging  in 11.1 for two map tile layers that have aerial imagery.   I had published two others that do not have aerial imagery and they are working fine.   Also would like to know if a resolution or workaround was found on this problem?

0 Kudos
RobStauder
Regular Contributor

I wasn't able to resolve the issue. You can go to the services directory, copy the REST urls for each service (that hangs in the portal), then add each one as a new item of type URL ("link to an arcgis web service"). 

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Regular Contributor

We have the same issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2. Engaged with Esri support, and the issue has been identified as a BUG, and while in "In Review" status it might affect newer versions.

• BUG-000163200 - Hosted Tile Layers overview page in portal at 11.1 hanging after in place upgrade. 

0 Kudos