Faulting application ArcSOC.exe version 10.3.0

04-09-2015 06:45 AM
YangLiu2
New Contributor II

Dear folks,

We upgrade our ArcGIS Server to 10.3 with ArcGIS-103-S-SCFSSP-Patch installed. Our server machine has window 2008r2 server installed.

Recently, ArcGIS Server stops at random interval. We have to manually start the ArcGIS Server. From event viewer, we find the "Faulting application ArcSOC.exe" error. After that, we get warning "Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. "

Has anyone had same issue and successfully fixed it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EsperanzaBravo_Igual
New Contributor II

I have the same problem in my update from 10.2 to 10.3 in OS Windows Server 2008r2

Could you find a solution?

0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Esperanza - thank you for your post. Please take a look at my reply to Yang Liu on this thread from today. Hope this will help and please let me know if you have any more questions.

0 Kudos
ChristoforosKatsaounis
Esri Contributor

Hi Yang - apologies for reaching out to you so late.
In the meantime did you get a chance to upgrade to ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 or are still on 10.3?

In order to further troubleshoot this we would need to compare the Windows Event logs with the ArcGIS Server logs for the occurrences.

That being said, from our experience here in the ArcGIS Server Support Services team, this issue came down to an uninstall and reinstall in order to have a clean ArcGIS Server site creation again. So either that or upgrading to ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 would be the way to go with this.

0 Kudos