False 'Layer's data source is not registered with the server' error.

03-08-2023 08:27 AM
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting this warning when hitting 'analyze' when trying to share a layer:

Layer's data source is not registered with the server, and data will be copied.

The layer's data source is registered with the server. I can see the data store. I am logged into the correct Portal. It looks correct. My ArcPro doesn't recognized this for some reason. 

I can see the data store from within ArcPro, but there is no option to select it.

Is it a permission issue? A setting in ArcPro?

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you connecting to a different version (i.e. not DEFAULT) than has been registered in the past?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Thank you for the response. Default is all we use. We do not use versioning. Also, this is a registered folder, containing files - in this case, rasters (.dat and .tif).

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'd try removing an re-adding your server or portal connection.  Sometimes it shows as active and signed in but has funky behaviour and then behaves after re-adding.

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Thanks. I think this may have something to do with changes to permissions of user-managed data stores. Can't be sure, but those data stores are there, but they're being ignored. I used to be able publish registered services with this data so something seems to have changed. I will check with our admin team. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos