ERROR when trying to use a map service in arcmap

05-05-2014 05:29 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: man_dinot

Hi,

I am having problems when I try to use map services from a server connect as a user, I can not add the service to arcmap. When connected as an administrator, I do not have the problem. The service is publish with no security, so I do not understand why I can not load it as a user, help please?.

BTW, the problem occurs when accessing the server from internet, local there is no problem, that is what make me think is a security issue.

Regards,
Manuel
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: RandallWilliams

Hi Manuel,

a. What version ArcGIS Server/ArcGIS Desktop are you using? Sounds like 10.0 spx or below.
b. What error message do you get? Can you provide a screenshot?
c. Do you have access to the GIS Server? If so, what happens if you're logged into the GIS Server and browse to http://localhost/arcgis/services - do you get any message other than 'no content'?
d. If you don't have access to the GIS Server, what happens if you browse to http://<servername>/arcgis/services/?wsdl - do you get an error, or do you see XML?
0 Kudos
Hector_Manuel_MartÃ_Â_nez_Luz
New Contributor II
Thanks Randall for the response.

A couple of days ago I finally found the problem, it was the reverse proxy the institution has. I did not get to that conclusion before because I could use it as admin and I could see the services as a user.
The thing was that when you connect as an admin it takes another path to the services, in that way I could get the information. When I try to use the service as a user the server response was without the reverse proxy string so he could never connect, it could list the services because the connection at start it is direct.

url to connect -> www.myserver.xxx/rproxy/arcgis/rest/services
arcgis server responses -> www.myserver.xxx/arcgis/rest/services

Sorry I did not post it before, thanks again for the help 🙂

Regards,
Manuel
0 Kudos