Error: Operation without query criteria is not allowed

1683
5
08-08-2017 03:30 PM
MeleKoneya
Regular Contributor

We are using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 and our log files are showing this message daily on a particular map service.
"Error: Operation without query criteria is not allowed"  I also see that the method name is "GraphicFeatureServer.HandleREST_QueryOperation"

This error appears to be coming from a custom application but I am not able to give our developers enough details to trouble shoot this.

Would changing the log level give me more details about what query was attempted? I am reluctant to change the logging level as this is a production server.

Has anyone else seen this error and have some input as to what may be causing it?

Thanks,

Mele

5 Replies
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

Following. I'm now getting this error!

0 Kudos
Justin_Richardson
New Contributor II

Hey Mele! Ha!!! So funny I ran into this error message in the server log and there you were (a few years ago). I hope you are doing well. Do you possibly remember what the issue was here? Haha! Take care! Mele Koneya

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Regular Contributor

Justin!   That's hilarious.    When I saw this mention I was like, could it be?   Anyways I don't know that I ever was able to find an answer to those messages I was seeing in the logs.    One problem is that we have a number of applications that are hitting the map services and don't have direct input into the queries that are sent.   There are definitely so not well formed queries so maybe that was it.      Sorry I don't have any more info.     Good to hear from you and that you are doing this level of work.    Hope all is well out there.

0 Kudos
Justin_Richardson
New Contributor II

Haha!! Great to hear from you . Ehh no worries on the issue. I'll just work around it.

Yeah I have really been enjoying building apps & maintaining our Portal. I get a lot out of providing solutions to clients with maps & apps! People are always so impressed lol.

Say hi to Chris & the gang for me!

0 Kudos
NeilSchindelar
New Contributor

I have had this issue popping up as well.  I've occasionally been able to cause it to happen by searching for something in a Web App that doesn't exist,  But, I can't really confirm that to be the true cause of the error on the server logs since it doesn't happen every time I search for something that doesn't exist.  I've checked all my web apps to make sure the Search/Filter/Query widgets are all working correctly, and they are.  I hope someone can chime in with something more of an answer!

0 Kudos