ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).

07-03-2012 07:23 AM
AlanToms
Occasional Contributor
Hello folks,

When trying to publish a map service am I get the followin error, ERROR 001272: Analyzer errors were encountered (codes = 7).  I have been able to track the issue to the definition query.  If a layer's defintion query has SHAPE.STLength() or SHAPE.STArea() in the query it will throw the error, but those are valid queries created using the Query Builder.  I have been unable to find details about ERROR 001272.  Any suggestions for a soltion?

Thakn you
Alan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
Peter_von_Minden
New Contributor III
After contacting ESRI, we were told to completely uninstall ArcGIS 10.1 from my PC and any associated elements. Then we were told to remove any residual registry hives left over and to delete any residual folders in C:/Program Files ... After doing all that, I reinstalled my ArcGIS components but still got the same error.

Whilst the above suggestion didn't work for me, it may be useful to some of you. This bug is very strange to me as I can successfully publish the same mxd on my colleagues PC who has the same components, operating system and service pack.
0 Kudos
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
After contacting ESRI, we were told to completely uninstall ArcGIS 10.1 from my PC and any associated elements. Then we were told to remove any residual registry hives left over and to delete any residual folders in C:/Program Files ... After doing all that, I reinstalled my ArcGIS components but still got the same error.

Whilst the above suggestion didn't work for me, it may be useful to some of you. This bug is very strange to me as I can successfully publish the same mxd on my colleagues PC who has the same components, operating system and service pack.

Wow that's a lot do to.  Funny the definition query works with no issues in ArcMap.  It only shows itself when the map is being published as a web service.  Our GIS Systems Administrator believes it has to do with SQL Server and how it names things.
0 Kudos
Peter_von_Minden
New Contributor III
Wow that's a lot do to.  Funny the definition query works with no issues in ArcMap.  It only shows itself when the map is being published as a web service.  Our GIS Systems Administrator believes it has to do with SQL Server and how it names things.

We use Oracle but if it was a DB issue, then it should be happening on all our PC's. If I hear any more from ESRI, I will pass on to you all.
0 Kudos
HusenKang
New Contributor II
It works for me if I publish it this way. In the Share as Service windows selects option 'Save a service definition file'.
Then, selecting the option 'No available connection'. Then choose the location where you want to save the definition file.
Use ArcCatalog to browse to the just created definition file and right click and select 'Publish as a Service'.

Hope this workaround also works for you guys.
RachelFrischeisen
New Contributor III

Husen Kang wrote:

It works for me if I publish it this way. In the Share as Service windows selects option 'Save a service definition file'.
Then, selecting the option 'No available connection'. Then choose the location where you want to save the definition file.
Use ArcCatalog to browse to the just created definition file and right click and select 'Publish as a Service'.

We were receiving the same error message (except ours said "codes = 3") when attempting to publish a service pulling data from a registered Data Store (we are at Server 10.2.2). Even though the ArcGIS Server account had full share/NTFS permissions on the data store directory, we could not publish from Desktop.

After we spent a good 3 hours with tech support (his only suggestion was allowing data to be copied to the server - thanks, but no thanks), this was the only feasible workaround we could find. Thank you for the suggestion and here's hoping that ESRI will do something to address the fact that Data Stores in Server 10.2 simply do not function like they should.

HusenKang
New Contributor II

Glad I can help. I am still using 10.1 here. I was hoping the problem would have been fixed at 10.2.

I also find publishing directly to ArcGIS Server takes longer than publishing via SD file.

Not sure if others experience the same.

DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I missed this follow up post, was out for vacation during the holidays.  This is a great tip.  I just published a small sample map as a test and your method worked for me.  No errors when I published from the definition file.  I am going to try on one of the provided base maps next.  Thanks for sharing.

DT
0 Kudos
Peter_von_Minden
New Contributor III

Just tried this and it works a treat. Thank you for the suggestion.
0 Kudos
DuaneTreadon
Occasional Contributor
....  I am going to try on one of the provided base maps next.  Thanks for sharing.

DT

Having no issues with publishing the LGIM basemaps now using this tip.  Again thanks!!! Great find on a work around. 

JT
0 Kudos
BrianNemec
New Contributor
I just tested this out on my Server 2012 running 10.1sp1 and I get that same code.  I did try saving the service as an SD and then publishing that and this seemed to work.  It looks like ESRI needs to address this issue again and let us know what the status of it is.
0 Kudos