Editable Feature Service

04-10-2013 06:42 AM
JoshObrecht
Occasional Contributor
I have published a Feature Service, however am unable to edit it. I try editing in ArcMap and receive two messages: "No editable layers" and "The workspace containing this data cannot be edited." I have registered the data source and versioned the geodatabase. What else may be the issue?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
LelandSnyder
New Contributor II

Sorry , it has been so long since I had this issue, I don't even recall what my issue was now. "REST" assured, I have done plenty of feature service editing since! Could be any number of issues. Care to elaborate on your specific issue? 

0 Kudos
JTessier
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply Leland Snyder We are essentially following Jillian Penney's  workflow above and getting the same error Josh received:  "A local copy could not be created. Bad syntax in request."  We have logs at fine level and did not see any blatant issues - in fact everything looked to check out ok but then seemed to revert back the replica two seconds later.   We earlier had a different error message and saw that some of the feature classes had 0 features in them and Arcmap choked on that, though with a somewhat more helpful message about not able to find a feature.  But that has been resolved and now onto the next ambiguous error.

0 Kudos