Select to view content in your preferred language

Early adopter programs for ArcGIS Enterprise and Pro?

05-23-2022 12:59 PM
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

In a related thread about ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro, @MichaelVolz and @DanPatterson suggested the following:

Besides submitting an idea, I would join the Early Adopter Program as you have more direct access to development than just submitting an idea.

I was previously registered for the early adopter program for ArcGIS Field Maps. So I was able to log in without issue.

But when I look at the "Available Esri Opportunities" page, I only see early adopter programs for these products:

• ArcGIS Survey123
  • ArcGIS AppStudio
  • ArcGIS QuickCapture
  • ArcGIS for AutoCAD
  • ArcGIS Maps SDK for game engines
  • ArcGIS Field Maps
  • ArcGIS CityEngine

I don't see any early adopter programs for ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Pro.

Where can I find the early adopter programs for Enterprise and Pro?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelDavis3
Regular Contributor

I'd be interested to know this as well - both Enterprise and Pro have been around for years so I'm not sure either would qualify for "early adopter" status but an early access program for organizations that need to plan adoption and rollout strategies would be super helpful.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They may be closed by now.

@JoshuaBixby what is the pre-beta one called so @Bud can get signed up through his organization?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are two separate programs for engaging with Esri staff and software prior to final release.  The earliest form of engagement, which is usually alpha or early beta releases, is Holistic Testing Program for Esri Software Development:

The Holistic Testing Program consists of a select user group designed to test Esri software releases using real-world workflows and datasets. By implementing user workflows as an integral part of Esri's software testing strategy, software issues can be identified early on and fixed prior to releasing the final product. Throughout this process, Esri will gain knowledge and understanding of current GIS user workflows and scenarios. The Holistic Testing Program is an opportunity for Esri users to be involved early on with software development to ensure that the needs of fellow customers are met.

The other program, which is already mentioned here and is usually late beta releases or pre-releases, is Early Adopter Community | Esri Early Adopter Program:

This community represents a wide range of experience levels, environments, industries, security needs, and workflows. By joining our Early Adopter Community, you can have exclusive access to early release versions of Esri software. As a member of Esri’s Early Adopter Community, you will have the opportunity to interact with Esri’s development, product teams, and other like-minded community members. We are eager to hear your feedback on our early releases. You can share product feedback, contribute ideas and enhancement requests, and share thoughts and workflow questions on specific product forums within the Early Adopter Community.

Although each program's website makes it seem as simply as filling out a form and signing up, it isn't necessarily that simple.  For some products, getting involved is as simple as asking, for others you really have to put forward a compelling case for why you should be included.  For a couple products, it took years before the Holistic Testing doors were opened to me, so asking isn't necessarily a sure bet it will happen, at least not right away.

Whether Holistic Testing or Early Adopter, I have never gotten the impression there is a singular Esri point-of-contact that coordinates everything happening within/under the "program."  Different product teams utilize the programs to different extents, including not participating at all.

I highly recommend you reach out to your Esri account team or person and inquire about joining a specific program for a specific product. I also strongly suggest you put together a business case, or at least documentation, that covers workflows that are specific and important for your organization and explain why you need to test the new versions prior to release.

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would infer from the disclaimers on the site that there are no opportunities for those at the moment. Or you do not qualify to participate.  Check again today, it may be visible.

This screen capture was a few seconds ago.

RobertBorchert_0-1653567686324.png

Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Thanks Robert.

For what it's worth, I only see an empty Enterprise SDK forum there so far:

Bud_0-1654023105935.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

beta 2 started today, I suspect you have to onboard at the beginning, so you can plan ahead for Pro 3.1.

As per the usual cycle, the UC usually heralds the latest incarnation

... sort of retired...