Doubts about ArcGIS Data Store

Jump to solution
07-22-2019 06:41 AM
SoratoSouza_e_Silva
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Could someone explain to me, if the ArcGIS Data Store it is used for so I can copy my published data into it. In the other words if I use a geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase file, is my data copied to the Data Store?

Another question would be, why when using ArcGIS Server without making use of the Portal, I do not need an ArcGIS Data Store?

Thank you very much

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andre,

Where your data is stored depends on your workflow. When you publish data from ArcGIS Pro, you have the option to copy or reference the data. Copy will create a copy that is then hosted (stored) in the ArcGIS Data Store - relational. Reference will reference the data in place, for example, in your enterprise geodatabase that you have registered with ArcGIS Enterprise. 

There are also some actions in the Enterprise portal that inherently create hosted layers, such as running standard spatial analysis in the Map Viewer. 

ArcGIS Data Store is part of an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment, which also includes Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server. All components are designed to work together to power an ArcGIS Enterprise system.

Have a look at the whitepaper Derek links above, and let us know if you have any other questions. Here is more information on publishing: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/get-started/latest/windows/publishing-in-arcgis-enterprise.htm

Hilary

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andre,

Please review this whitepaper, it should answer your questions:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis/arcgis-enterprise/blog/2018/06/13/esri-white... 

Hope this helps,

SoratoSouza_e_Silva

Thank´s a lot!!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andre,

Where your data is stored depends on your workflow. When you publish data from ArcGIS Pro, you have the option to copy or reference the data. Copy will create a copy that is then hosted (stored) in the ArcGIS Data Store - relational. Reference will reference the data in place, for example, in your enterprise geodatabase that you have registered with ArcGIS Enterprise. 

There are also some actions in the Enterprise portal that inherently create hosted layers, such as running standard spatial analysis in the Map Viewer. 

ArcGIS Data Store is part of an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment, which also includes Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server. All components are designed to work together to power an ArcGIS Enterprise system.

Have a look at the whitepaper Derek links above, and let us know if you have any other questions. Here is more information on publishing: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/get-started/latest/windows/publishing-in-arcgis-enterprise.htm

Hilary

SoratoSouza_e_Silva

Thank´s a lot!!

0 Kudos