Distributed Collaboration - Can't Run Analysis

01-09-2024 01:49 PM
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

We have a distributed collaboration between AGOL and Enterprise.

A layer is sitting on AGOL, but is accessible from Enterprise through the collaboration. I can edit & add new features to the layer from Enterprise, but I cannot append or use any analysis tools on the layer.

In the geoprocessing pane, when I click into the layer, it says "container is empty"

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi @JeffFennellUSAFennell,

Can you clarify where you are trying to run analysis and see the message that the container is empty. Are you seeing this in Map Viewer Classic in Enterprise? Which looks like this?

Can you include a screenshot of where you are seeing this message? That will help us test and diagnose what's going on.

Thanks,

Sarah, Product Engineer on Web Analysis

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi again @JeffFennellUSAFennell ,

I tried out the following workflow today and analysis worked for me on Enterprise 11.2. Please let me know if you are testing something different.

1. Create a layer in ArcGIS Online and add to my distributed collaboration group (by reference).
  2. In ArcGIS Enterprise, open that layer (I opened from my orgs content pane) in Map Viewer Classic.
  3. Open an analysis tool like Create Buffers and populate the tool with parameters (and use the layer from #2)
  4. Run the tool. I saw the result show up in the map.

I completed the same workflow:

• using the "copy" option instead of by reference
  • using the new Map Viewer, instead of Map Viewer classic.

and all iterations worked. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sarah

0 Kudos