Deploying ArcGIS Server using Docker

10-07-2015 04:53 PM
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

Has there any been thought to deploying ArcGIS Server as a Docker container? Any plans to curate an official Docker image?

15 Replies
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

Excellent work! Hopefully, we start seeing esri employees contributing to this open source effort.

0 Kudos
BrianWilson
Occasional Contributor II

I have combined the 4 separate repositories into one, I am at the point where I want to start composing the separate dockers so that they work together.

They are now in https://github.com/Geo-CEG/docker-arcgis-enterprise.

The old separate repos now just direct you to the new one.

I wrote a python script that uses the REST API to do the initial site configuration for ArcGIS Server, so now it comes up pretty much automatically.

Today I add a similar script to the Portal container. It's just about working. Once that's done I can finish the bit that registers the Web Adaptor to Portal.

I am also setting up SQL Server as the back end datastore, using this Docker container from Microsoft that runs SQL Server 2017 in an Ubuntu Linux container. SQL Server running on Linux. Who ever would have thought that would happen?

nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

you can also see: Esri ArcGIS Server Docker Image

MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor II

Would someone update this thread for current status in 2021 please?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
FrancisPolignano
New Contributor II

Any updates for 2023?

RandyBonds_Jr_
Occasional Contributor

I’d love to hear if anyone has this working well. We’re looking at it for at least our web adaptors.

0 Kudos