Delete cached map scales

Jump to solution
10-10-2014 11:03 AM
Gayathri_PriyaRavichandran
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am using ArcMap v 10.2.2 on a windows server. I have published a map with 8 layers. But I actually need only 6 layers. Before publishing, in the service editor, and in the advanced cache option, enter scale was disabled. So I thought I can delete these scales once I cache them from the Manage cache option.

When I selected the scales from the Manage cache option and Mange tiles and deleted the tiles, the map threw a blank screen at those scales alone. I don even want to zoom to those scales and directly go to next scales.

I would be glad if I get any kind of suggestion herecache tiles.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

The cache files or the scales?  I believe you need to drag and drop the service in from catalog, not the cache files.

I've tested out the tool, and it will skip the scales i removed and automatically zoom into the next existing scale.
If you get the tool working, make sure you have the scales listed that you want to keep, not the ones you want to delete.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferMcCall4

Hi,

Have you tried the Manage Map Server Cache Scales tool at all?  It should be able to delete existing scales from your existing service.

ArcToolbox -> Server Tools -> Caching -> Manage Map Server Cache Scales.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Gayathri_PriyaRavichandran
New Contributor

The files are not appearing for the action

0 Kudos
JenniferMcCall4

The cache files or the scales?  I believe you need to drag and drop the service in from catalog, not the cache files.

I've tested out the tool, and it will skip the scales i removed and automatically zoom into the next existing scale.
If you get the tool working, make sure you have the scales listed that you want to keep, not the ones you want to delete.

0 Kudos