DB2 and Data Store Registration Issue

05-06-2015 06:10 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

I was trying to register DB2 enterprise geodatabases with ArcGIS Server through the Data Store but it would only let me register one database.  Any time I would try to register another database it would say that the database was already registered with the server.  No data was copied to the server during publishing even if the database wasn't listed in the Data Store.

The databases are cataloged using the Setup Assistant that comes with DB2.  They only thing I can think of is that because one database is registered, it is referencing that catalog of databases so there is no need to register all databases individually with the server.

ArcSDE 10.0 is installed on the database server but we are moving away from ArcSDE to direct connect.

All databases have separate aliases.

DB2 enterprise geodatabases v10.0

Databases are stored on a Linux Server

ArcGIS Server v10.2.2

Windows Server 2008 R2

DB2 Client 9.7 is installed

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StevenGraf1

Maybe this is better suited for the database space?

I've probably browsed a hundred different sites with nothing even remotely close to this issue.

Are there any DB2 gurus out there that may have had some thing similar happen?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Steven,

Can you try to create the .sde connections not using the cataloged database connection?

HostName=<host>;Port=<port number>;Database=<database name>;  ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Here is some more information on registering the DB2 geodatabase with server: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

I use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to catalog the DB2 databases on the ArcGIS Server machine.

-George

Geodatabase Managing Data

--- George T.
0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

Hey, thanks for the reply.

We will give that a shot and see what happens.

When you use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Admin, do you still have to register each database individually with server?  Or register 1 database with server and it sees them all?

Steven

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Register each database seperately. Then re-test.

Make sure it is with the 32-bit and 64-bit Data Source Admin....

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos