Create enterprise geodatabase error code 000152

07-27-2015 04:48 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

When i attempt to create a new Enterprise Geodatabase using the 'Create Enterprise Geodatabase Tool' it fails and kicks back the 000152 error message "000152: Administrator username and password are required" but the thing is i am using an account that is both admin on the db server and also part of the sysadmin on the SQL instance so in theory every thing should be fine.

Any ideas on what i am missing?

ArcGIS desktop and server 10.3; SQL 2014

Edit 1:

Not answered but was able to create a enterprise database via creating a  database in SQL Server 2014 and then enabling the database with 'Enable Enterprise Geodatabase' tool.

If any one has any ideas as to why the 'Create Enterprise Geodatabase Tool' failed i would still like to know

Edit 2:

Able to create a database when sde owned schema is unchecked.

Edit 3:

Never mind it works now when sde owned schema is checked and i supply an admin password.

Message was edited by: Randall Clark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HarshiniPande
New Contributor

Hello,

Could you please confirm what type of account(i.e. OS user/'SA') is used for the database administrator field?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Operating system authentication.

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Also it was created when Sde Owned Schema was left unchecked. So why would it fail when Sde Owned Schema is checked?

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Never mind it works now when sde owned schema is checked and i supply an admin password