Couldn't Validate Arcgis Data store managed databse

Jump to solution
03-15-2018 03:12 PM
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I installed the Datastore for a while, it was working for a while. But the relational part (and relational part only) became invalidate recently (see attch). I already tried to update/reconfigure the data store, but still. Any idea why it happened?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
14 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You've tried to unregister and re-register the data store? You may also need to unregister the data store item from Manager or the Admin API.

QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I already tried that through manager and use the configure tool to re-register it, but the relational part is still invalidate. 

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I used the Server manager to remove the data store (by clicking the X on the right side), and reconfigure it through the configuration tool. 

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I try to look at the logs and it said no ArcGis server license was found. How can I update the license for the data store. 

0 Kudos
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I also tried to uninstall and re-install the data store. But the managed database is still down.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There's a command line tool to do that:

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS ... 

Give it a shot, that may fix the problem.

deleted-user-d8qgCRT3EsXu
New Contributor

Hi Jonathan, I experiencing the same problem and have attempted to update the licence in this manner but was met with an error, the message read "Error update license failed for managed geodatabase". Have you encountered this before?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

No, but if you set the Server logs to DEBUG, you may get more information about why it failed.

QiranLiang
New Contributor III

Got it fixed! Thanks!

0 Kudos