Select to view content in your preferred language

Config Store Issues

06-23-2014 05:21 PM
JustinGreco
Frequent Contributor
We recently moved to a multiple server site due to bug fixes at 10.2.2 concerning slowness with manager when using a network share for the config store and slow performance from caches on network shares.  However, we have had issues with ArcGIS Server losing connection to our config store which we placed on a network NAS devices.  Moving the store local to one of the servers in the site resolved the issue, but introduced a single point of failure, which unfortunately did happen to us when that server crashed.  One note about the space is that it is used organization wide for storing all data.  We are looking into moving it to a less used storage device.  Thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions before we do so.  I am afraid the same thing will happen and we will need to move it back to the server again.
Tags (2)
17 Replies
JustinGreco
Frequent Contributor

I think that bug was resolved with 10.2.2.  Let me see if I can the number for the bug.  They just told us this last week, so I am not sure if it has been made official yet.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-UxcAu2PHrDQp
Deactivated User

Do you have the bug number?

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Frequent Contributor

+1

0 Kudos
JustinGreco
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for getting your hopes up.  When we were told about it, it sounded like it was a known bug.  We just learned a week or two ago it is something they are still researching.  Our plan now is to set up a Linux environment the same way and see if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks for keeping us posted.  I guess this means the issue is still there at AGS 10.3.  That's a real bummer.

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1
Frequent Contributor

Hi Justin, Royce, and David. All the information in this thread is much appreciated. Do you have any news on this? Is there an official bug number for this by now?

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Frequent Contributor

I have no idea if this is fixed at 10.3.  Anyone know?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

I have no idea either as ESRI hasn't put up the NIM list yet.

David

0 Kudos