Cannot Assign Portal Image Hosting Server

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 12:21 PM
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Hi all, I just deployed ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, federated with three instances of ArcGIS Server:

1. GIS Server, assigned as the Hosting Server
  2. Image Server, assigned as the Raster Analytics Server
  3. GeoEvent Server

I'm attempting to assign the Image Server as the Image Hosting Server, however every time I select it and hit save, the drop down menu reverts to "No Image Hosting Server".  The message "Settings Saved Successfully" then appears. 

I have Portal's logging set to DEBUG, and there are zero log messages.  Nothing in the browser console either.

Could there be some prerequisite for the Image Server that is missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jon,

The Raster Analytics role handles image hosting as well so there is no need to assign that server to Image Hosting explicitly in the Portal.  The option for Image Hosting Server is still available on that page in case you wanted to set a separate ArcGIS Image Server as the explicit Image Hosting server.

-Danny

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jon,

The Raster Analytics role handles image hosting as well so there is no need to assign that server to Image Hosting explicitly in the Portal.  The option for Image Hosting Server is still available on that page in case you wanted to set a separate ArcGIS Image Server as the explicit Image Hosting server.

-Danny