Can I edit an external table?

08-21-2014 06:25 AM
williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I am hoping to be able to edit an external table through a relate in a javascript application. The relate works fine through a map service, but I can't publish a feature service. When attempting to publish a feature service I get the following errors:

00135 Standalone table's data source is not supported(Feature Service)

00062 Data frame contains data that does not use the sane connection to an enterprise geodatabase(Feature Service)

Is there a work around that will allow me to edit these tables in their current format?(The tables are part of a billing software and I can't let it change formats)

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi William,

It sounds like your related table is coming from a different source than the feature class. Feature services published to ArcGIS for Server require that all layers and stand-alone tables in the map reference a single enterprise geodatabase or enterprise database. You could try importing the table into your enterprise geodatabase where the feature class resides and then publishing. 

Here is the resource page on that error with steps on how to resolve it.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Good luck!

-Dan

williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Just as I feared. Had a talk with my boss and we are going to have to settle with read only. Not that big of a problem, it's just not best case scenario.

Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos