British National Grid Map Service projection issue

735
2
04-26-2021 11:19 AM
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

Using the .NET Runtime, we've noticed that the server-side rendered tiles from a map service do not show up in the correct locations. The Runtime app starts with a public esri WGS84 basemap and asks for tiles in that spatial reference. It appears the tiles sent down are not projected into WGS84. They are offset to the north. This can be seen in the attached screenshot (the black line should be where the red highlight is). Manually re-projecting the feature data to WGS84 at the geodatabase level corrects the offset, as there is no re-projection in this case.

Is there a setting in ArcGIS Enterprise/Server that prevents on-the-fly re-projections in the Server-side rendering pipeline?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

Here's the details of the spatial reference we are working with:

British_National_Grid
WKID: 27700 Authority: EPSG

Projection: Transverse_Mercator
False_Easting: 400000.0
False_Northing: -100000.0
Central_Meridian: -2.0
Scale_Factor: 0.9996012717
Latitude_Of_Origin: 49.0
Linear Unit: Meter (1.0)

0 Kudos
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

Another detail: we went to the data frame properties in ArcMap and changed the coordinate system there. Setting this to British National Grid to match the data that was in the GDB didn't work. Nor did setting the data frame coordinate system to WGS 1984 World Mercator. Both data frame coordinate systems resulted in the same offset.