base table definition string is invalid

Jump to solution
09-05-2012 08:08 AM
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to start the first new service on a 10.1 server. It has one layer. I get this error message:

Error: service started with errors.
Machine: TEST [service instance is started with errors. The base table definition string "Coast_line" is invalid]*

I have r/w permissions on the data folder for the arcgis arcgis user.

Thanks,
46 Replies
JulianGomez
New Contributor II

I had the same problem today: this didn't have anything to do with permissions since I was using featureclasses in SQLEXPRESS and connected using the dataowner. Also not with permissions of the arcgis user since I could add the SOE before without problem.

I got the error after adding a new version of my SOE to the service and solved it as Ross Brewer said: deleting the service and publishing it again, and adding the SOE again.

By the way: I'm using AGS 10.2.2

0 Kudos
TolardoClaudio
New Contributor

Hi, i had the same problem.

Solution

The standalone table that have a problem was on the last in the TOC "Lyst by source" into the mxd file.

I try to delete it and control if the rest work. Then the next last table failed.

So I try to add after my last table, one table with name 'z_something' and then publish my webservice.

Failed the last table with name 'z_something' but the rest work good.

Mistery !!!

0 Kudos
KipkuleiHarison
New Contributor

Thanks peter,how do i add the arcgis user with permissions

kindly help,am stuck here,if need be take me through each step

0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

I am running ArcGIS server 10.22 which means my server had the 10.1 version uninstalled and the new one installed. Therefore I have the users and permissions setup a little differently.

Try this:

Right click on computer, expand server manage>Configuration>Local users and groups>groups

Double click administrators and add ArcGIS local user to the administrators group.

0 Kudos
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

I fixed this issue by disabling schema lock of map service and republishing.

0 Kudos
GalenKeily1
New Contributor

After re-pathing my data from being referenced via Drive letter (Y:\geodatabase.gdb) to a UNC path, I was getting this error for all layers in my Map Services. Even though ArcMap showed that I was publishing with data referenced via UNC path, I realized that somehow the data published was still referencing my mapped drive letter (Y:\geodatabase.gdb)

Removing my mapped drive and ensuring that data was referenced via UNC path fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Could you please show us in details how to do it?

0 Kudos