Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcServer Hosting Site 11.2 won't create the ArcGIS Server windows service!

Jump to solution
12-16-2023 12:34 PM
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Hello - in trying to upgrade Windows 2016 distributed deployment form 11.1 to 11.2, the portal upgrade, post upgrade and web adaptor installs went fine and I was able to see the portal at 11.2 through its web adaptor.

BUT - after uninstalling the host site web adaptor I then ran the Setup.exe for ArcGISServer. Took about 2 hours, the post upgrade launched in my Chrome browser, but no local host.  FQDN name for manager did not work either.  

I then looked for the ArcGIS Server windows service and it is not there.  I am doing a full uninstall of ArcGIS Server on the machine and will try a re-install, but I have no confidence that it will work.

@JonEmch 

10 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Honored Contributor

So your suggestion is "use the old version?" and seriously that's the accepted solution? 😁

I just saw this topic for the first time today after solving the same problem after a couple weeks of bashing around.  Maybe this can help someone else. Maybe just maybe Esri should fix it though 🙂

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/upgrade-of-arcgis-server-10-9-1-to-11-2-fa...

There is no service running on port 6443 because the server.xml file that is installed in the upgrade process is wrong.

You might be able to simply copy the old server.xml file (from 11.1 in your case). You would have to know in advance and back it up. I did a complete fresh install on a different machine and got the working 11.2 file from there. The only difference in the broken and working server.xml files was the section defining the 6443 service.

0 Kudos