ArcGIS Sever 10.2.2 not generating/serving some map tiles

05-30-2014 07:16 AM
ChrisChallis
New Contributor II
It seems I have a server that is not generating/serving some map tiles. This crashes the ESRI component in our application with an exception about being unable to read the image stream. In the rest/services folder I can view the map using the ArcGIS Javascript API, but if I zoom in to enough detail the tiles cease to be created/displayed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34201[/ATTACH]

Cache settings are 512x512, PNG24, create tiles on demand, create cache manually after publishing. The scale starts at 1:250,000,000 and steps down to 1:8000. The storage format is compact and clients are allowed to cache the tiles locally. I can't upload the map to the forums due to a bad gateway error so here's a link to it:

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_17627026938

Has anyone seen anything similar? This exact same map document works fine on our 10.1 and 10.0 servers and displays without any issues - it's just the 10.2.2 server that's the problem. I've tried re-installing server and web adaptor to no avail.

Cheers,

Chris
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Hi Chris - yes I have.   I have just seen our streets framework cache cut off all tiles on it's lower half... the cache also became corrupted at the same time as the bundlex file is removed but not the bundle file.  Something in 10.2.2 is persisting some type of lock at re-create time when running the manage map tiles tool.   Can't figure it out yet, but this looks very similar to my recent post on tile generation failure
Thanks
David
0 Kudos
ChrisChallis
New Contributor II
Thanks David, I'll keep an eye on both threads. This will surely need to be patched? Performance of ours and our clients servers will prevent us from moving to a purely dynamic map scenario.
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor
Sure thing Chris.  Yes we are in the position regarding the performance requirements as well.  Going fully dynamic just won't cut it for us either-
I'm setting up a screen share now with esri and will post results . .  .
David
0 Kudos