ArcGIS Server version 10.21 service publish error

Jump to solution
10-09-2014 09:15 AM
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I've created an enterprise database (Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64)) in ArcGIS 10.21, registered it as a data store, and set up the database connection in ArcCatalog using a SQL Server login that is a dbowner of the database.  I've imported two shape files into the database using ArcCatalog, and created a map that references these two feature classes.  When I try to publish the map as a service including feature access, I'm getting the "[00090] Feature service requires a registered database" error from the Analyzer and am unable to publish the service.  I'm using the same database connection from ArcCatalog to reference the database in ArcCatalog and the map.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error might be occurring?  When I double-click on the error message and the Data Stores dialog pops up, the database is listed and validates fine.

Thanks,

Steve Burdette

srburdette@cs.ua.edu

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I ended up deleting the map, deleting the feature classes in the database, deleting the database connection, and deleting the reference in the data store in order to start over.  I recreated everything and now the Analyzer is not giving me the registration error.  I believe I used the same steps to recreate everything, but maybe I missed something before.  Nevertheless, the issue seems to be resolved.  Thanks again for your replies.

0 Kudos
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop (10.2.1.3497 -- license type Advanced) for the map and ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Server for the server side. 

0 Kudos
SusanJones
Occasional Contributor II

You will need to register your new ArcSDE Enterprise Geodatabase with ArcGIS Server (the middleware that manages all ESRI Services, data sources etc).

Currently, ArcGIS Server does not know about your new Enterprise Geodatabase.

0 Kudos