ArcGIS Server 10.4 backup and restore

06-30-2017 11:45 AM
deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
New Contributor III

Hi everyone

I would like to know how long ArcGIS Server restore (python) takes to finish in general (it is taking me days)?

The documentation below tells us that it could take some time but do not tells for how long.

Back up and restore your ArcGIS Server site configuration—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Another question is: "Is there a way to backup/recovery only the published services?"

I am taking too much time to set two different environment (QA/Production) with all it dependencies (Web Adaptor/Portal etc). If there is a way to optimize this procedures I would be so glad to know.

Thanks in advance

Ezequias

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

That is a loaded question on how long. I would say that there are a lot of items at play: how large of a site you have, machine resources, size of backup, etc.

Can you provide any more information to help?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I know there are many things to consider but a relevant information is that the backup took only 20min and the restore is during days (not finished yet). My environment does not have any cache but this is not considered at backup/restore level.

I still remains with the doubt about backup only specific services between two machines.

Sincerely

Ezequias

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you restoring the content to the same machine as before?

I would recommend that you open a technical support case and have an analyst take a look to make sure there is nothing crazy going on. I would say that a few days is a little too long.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Are you restoring the content to the same machine as before?

Yes. I am restoring after backup and deleting some services from the same machine.

0 Kudos