ArcGIS Manager Edit Permission Not Saving

Jump to solution
05-29-2016 04:35 AM
ScottRutzmoser
New Contributor II

I have recently upgraded ArcGIS Server to 10.4.

When using manager to lock down a server the change in permissions doesn't stick.

I get a message stating 'Permissions applied successfully' BUT indeed they are not.

Logging out and logging back in...or simply refreshing the page displays an open service.

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottRutzmoser
New Contributor II

I installed 10.4.1 and it did not resolve this issue.  After poking around for a few hours I did resolve this issue.

This was a file permission issue,  some how during the upgrade to 10.4 arcgis lost write permission to the config directory which prevented saving security setting on the services.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There is a new patch for 10.2 and 10.3 that sounds similar to what you are describing

Esri Support download

i do not see one for 10.4, but I'm wondering if it will be built in to 10.4.1 when it is released (my guess).

Looks m's like they are transferring to the new support pages this weekend....at least it is forwarding me to those pages. (Looks good,although will take a few visits to get used to the new format....ie. Looks similar to the help pages no, imho).

0 Kudos
ScottRutzmoser
New Contributor II

I installed 10.4.1 and it did not resolve this issue.  After poking around for a few hours I did resolve this issue.

This was a file permission issue,  some how during the upgrade to 10.4 arcgis lost write permission to the config directory which prevented saving security setting on the services.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just out of curiosity, did you use a different primary service account and/or password....or did you use a previously saved config file?  Since if you type it in versus using the saved config file it is pretty easy to change user/pass, maybe that caused the issue on the previous folder?  Just a guess, since I haven't made the move yet.

0 Kudos