ArcGIS Icon Library for IT Architecture?

Jump to solution
05-26-2017 10:42 AM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This question may have been asked recently, or at least before, but I can't seem to find a good answer, let alone the icons themselves.

It is getting more common today for companies to release icon libraries for doing architecture diagrams involving their software or platforms.  When I work with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and others; I can just go to the web and download multiple formats of their architecture- or network-related icons:

From looking at both Esri's online documentation and the System Design Strategies - GIS Wiki | The GIS Encyclopedia , it is clear that Esri has an icon library.  In fact, they appear to be transitioning from a 10.1-10.4 icon library

to a 10.5+ icon library.

Personally, I like the older 10.1-10.4 icons more, but flattened, mono- or duo-colored icons appear to be all the rage these days.

So, my question is whether Esri makes their ArcGIS Icon Library for Architecture available, either publicly or to its customers?

44 Replies
IftachPearlman1
New Contributor II

Hi Steven.  I too could use those icons to work on my diagrams of scaling our current setup.  Please email me at iftach.pearlman.ctr@dot.gov.

0 Kudos
StevenAustin
Esri Contributor

Hi Iftach Pearlman – please see this post sharing the select icons available for customers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

any update?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Ku5FDFW4ozxT
New Contributor

@Steven Austin: Steven, I would like to also participate into this recurring monthly request for an update.  We are starting to make a pitch for ArcGIS Enterprise and really need these icons to look in par with a system design architecture report that was just completed.

0 Kudos
GarethFinney1
New Contributor III

I have a copy of the icons, old and new in my google drive account. The moderator has not approved of the link going on here, so please send me an email address and I'll happily post the link to you

0 Kudos
mapfun
by
New Contributor II

Thank you very much Gareth. I would love to the link to download the old and new icons. My email address is arcgistrial2008@gmail.com

0 Kudos
JacobCzawlytko
New Contributor

Thanks Gareth! I would like to get a copy.

jczawlytko@chesapeakeconservancy.org

0 Kudos
DirkKueppers
New Contributor

Thank you very much Gareth,  I would like to get a copy.

bs@kuep-pers.de

0 Kudos
ANarasimhaMurthy1
New Contributor

Thank you Gareth, great if you could send me a copy to navinalle@gmail.com

0 Kudos
DamianWoollcombe
New Contributor

Hi Gareth - I would appreciate a link if you are still happy to pass it on. Thanks so much. damian.woollcombe@environment.gov.au

0 Kudos