Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS 10.3 GeocodeServer and JS 3.12 Geocoder Widget

12-22-2014 09:04 AM
Jay_Gregory
Frequent Contributor

I have a 10.3 Geocode Server with suggest enabled, and trying to upgrade my applications with the geocoder widget using 3.12 JS API.  Previous versions (10.2 Server and 3.11 API) worked great with auto suggest and auto navigate, and the Esri's world geocoding service plays very nicely with the geocoder widget at 3.12 (particularly like the highlightLocation feature), but everything seems broken with a custom GeocodeServer.  Autosuggest doesn't work, auto navigate doesn't work even when you choose an exact match, etc. etc.  Is this supposed to work with the geocode widget or do we have to write custom functionality (using the suggest and grabbing the magickey and then doing single line input).  Seems like 10.3 has come slightly ahead of 3.12 API - do we have to wait until 3.13 or 4.0 for this to be fixed, or is it a bug?

Here is my source code:

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Yes, that makes sense. It seems it's because the extent is not defined correctly. I'm not sure if its because something in the locator needs to be configured or an extent needs to be created for each result. If the extent isn't returned, then it would use the location point.

0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

I am told that the extent not returning correctly is a bug that is fixed in 10.3.1. There is a patch planned.

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Frequent Contributor

Wonderful!  Thanks for your sleuthing.  I'll just wait till then

0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

no problem! I am told one workaround is this:

If the locator is recreated with GCS WGS 84 and republished, it will work.

0 Kudos