Annotation sublayers will not display in Service

01-23-2013 08:23 AM
DavidDow
New Contributor II
I have been working on a base map which includes several annotation layers. Most of these annotation layers use default annotation sublayer; but, the roads have a more extensive sublayer schema based on road type (i.e. Interstate, State highway, Arterial, Collector, etc.). Annotation was created by setting up symbol classes in labels and then converting to annotation which created the annotation sublayers. This is has all been done in a SQL Server Geodatabase. When I publish the project to a map service, the default annotation sublayers all are visible but only the first two annotation sublayers of the roads are visible (which are both shield symbol types) text annotation do not display for the other road type symbol classes/annotation sublayers. Any ideas of why this happening?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidDow
New Contributor II
Some additional information:

I can start the map service in ArcMap and use the identify tool to identify the annotation that is not displaying. all of the attribute data is present and intact in the identify dialog. It is as if the sublayers are simply turned off; but they're not.
0 Kudos
KateD
by
New Contributor III

I am trying to do the same thing. It publishes as a service but when I add it to a map the annotation does not show. I am trying to show annotation for parcel dimensions.

0 Kudos