Address coder can be used in Arcgis server

09-03-2015 03:43 PM
SutharsanSuriya_Prakash
New Contributor

I like to get the census block, tract information along with address geocoder.  currently i own SMP, but still it is not providing the census information along geocoding

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Sutharsan,

Could I please get clarification on what functionality you are asking about?  Are you requesting that the census block/tract I.D. be appended when geocoding in ArcMap using SMP?

Thanks.

Kristen

0 Kudos
SutharsanSuriya_Prakash
New Contributor

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your reply.Yes, we need to append census block and census tract ID is to be appended when using geocoding services - SMP locator is published in arcgis server.

Regards

Suriya

0 Kudos
KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the clarification. Does this process currently work for you in Desktop?

You might consider looking into geoenrichment capabilities, or using Data & Maps to append these codes.

0 Kudos
SutharsanSuriya_Prakash
New Contributor

Hi Kristen,

Thanks. We tried below options:

1. I created modelbuilder with geocode addresses and identity tool. This will geocode the input address and use identity tool to get the census block data information from census block layer. This works in arcgis desktop, but once shared as geoprocessing service, this din't work .

2. As u suggested to enrich data, we can rebuild the complete geeocoder reference data and census block data. But for each updated in Address geocoder - SMP and census block layer - we need to rebuild the geocoder - which is more time consuming.

3. Also we tried to enrich data using hadoop environment, there we face issue on appending census block code for street address locator, as we need to append left and right census block code for each street segment. This can be done using identity tool in arcgis. but in hadoop, we don't have equivalent geoprocessing tool like identity.

Regards

Suriya  Prakash B S

0 Kudos
SutharsanSuriya_Prakash
New Contributor

HI,

Any updates on this pls

Regards

SuriyaPrakash B S

0 Kudos
KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Suriya,

Thank you for the follow up. I work with Address Coder, and since you aren't actually using Address Coder, I don't have any relevant suggestions.  There is a regional office in your area that may be able to help you further: www.esrisa.com.  

And, you might consider cross-posting in the ArcGIS Server (ArcGIS for Server ) community.

0 Kudos