Portal Home Page featured Content Issue

Jump to solution
06-14-2017 11:36 PM
subinks
New Contributor II

I have using portal for a long time. i have configured my ArcGIS portal to show featured content from a specific group.

Two days back i have deleted an existing group from portal that was used as basemap gallery and created a new group for basemap gallery. After that(am not sure this is the cause) the home page featured content is not showing. While i am checking the configuration in Portal organization settings, it is found that wherever i need to set group as property the portal was not showing groups. For ex : the basemap gallery was showing as default instead of already configured group 'custom basemaps'. And there isn't any error on console window of the browser. While i ma checking the network requests it is found that the portal is not raising any request to get the featured content. Anyone please help me through this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
subinks
New Contributor II

The issue was occuring because my index file is corrupted. So i fix the index file as suggested by the below link

Problem: After running an Full Index in Portal for ArcGIS Admin API, the Index Counts for Store and ... 

After full indexing the homepage came back to normal working.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
subinks
New Contributor II

dlaw-esristaff‌ Could you help me on this issue.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Subin,

What release of Portal for ArcGIS are you using?

> i have configured my ArcGIS portal to show featured content from a specific group. Two days back i have deleted an existing group from portal that was used as basemap gallery and created a new group for basemap gallery. After that(am not sure this is the cause) the home page featured content is not showing.

Based on what you wrote, these are 2 different groups and changing or removing one group should not affect the other.

> While i am checking the configuration in Portal organization settings, it is found that wherever i need to set group as property the portal was not showing groups.

I am not clear on what you mean by this general statement, can you please describe in more detail? Share your workflow and provide some screenshots?

> For ex : the basemap gallery was showing as default instead of already configured group 'custom basemaps'.

• Are you sure you hit save after you switched the assigned group for the basemap gallery?
  • What happens exactly, the new assigned group does not appear on the homepage or the homepage reverts to the default group?
  • Is this a new installed of Portal for ArcGIS?
  • Or if this is an existing install, was this functionality working previously? If so, did anything change in the Portal configuration from when it worked previously to now?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
subinks
New Contributor II

The issue was occuring because my index file is corrupted. So i fix the index file as suggested by the below link

Problem: After running an Full Index in Portal for ArcGIS Admin API, the Index Counts for Store and ... 

After full indexing the homepage came back to normal working.

Thanks for your help.