Is one able to remove base map credits in Portal?

01-18-2019 02:33 PM
Mark_Hotz
Occasional Contributor II

I understand how to remove base map credits from within ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.  However, my problem is that it appears in Portal's print widget and I'm not quite sure if this can be removed.  Staff here will be using these images and maps in various reports and the less clutter the better.

Does anyone know if these base map credits can be removed from within Portal?  The base map is not being used when creating hosted layers from within ArcGIS Pro (or ArcMap)...I'm just using the available base map satellite image in Portal.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mark_Hotz

!!! Mostly Solved !!!

I had an inkling just after I first posted the question, tried it out, and then solved my own problem, but only for my custom map templates.  It is resolved exactly the same way you would resolve it in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.  You simply insert the Service Layer Credits dynamic text in your print widget template (in either ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro) and then share that web tool to Portal.  The base map credits then disappear from within Portal (when published to PDF, JPG etc.).

So my last question then is, "can one eliminate the base map credits from the MAP_ONLY option in Portal?"

0 Kudos
chunguangWayneZhang
New Contributor III

Hi Mark_Hotz,

Did you ever resolve the MAP_ONLY option in Portal?

Thanks

PREVIEW

0 Kudos
BrianMcClure
New Contributor

Thank you for this. Very helpful information!

0 Kudos
KeWang1
New Contributor II

Can you guide me to how to remove the base map credit from layout in arcgis pro? It is so annoying when I insert the globe view layout. Thanks

0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Ke:

What I found what works for me (when publishing a web map from ArcGIS Pro to Portal) is to simply add "Service Layer Credits" from the Dynamic Text option under the Insert - Text tab (nothing else required):

Once selected it just appears on your map...and from there I just moved it to the side out of the way to ensure that it won't appear in my template.  I colorized it because it will disappear as soon as you click on something else...and sometimes it was just a pain to find it again (i.e. is it still there, or did it delete itself?).  By colorizing it the dynamic text box remains visible and in that spot [user preference of course :-)].  There might be other (more correct) ways of doing this, but this was the quickest and easiest solution I found.

Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos
KeWang1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot

I will try when back home

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos