Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor Tracking

Jump to solution
05-05-2023 05:42 PM
Labels (1)
CHSnowman
New Contributor II

Hi all--

Main issue: Editor tracking is no longer recording user names and dates of the create or edit fields. 

I have custom/non-default names for create and editor tracking fields, set up in ArcGIS Pro and published as a web feature layer to Portal 10.9.1. I can't change these field names. They were working for a long time, and then we needed to disable editor tracking, and when it was re-enabled we found that editor tracking no longer works. This is my best guess as to what happened and it's possible that something else has occurred, but I don't know what that might be.

Has anyone had issues with editor tracking no longer working in Portal, even when it's showing as fully set up in Settings? I would really like to avoid re-publishing my feature layers if possible. 

Editor tracking isn't working in data created in the Field Maps and Survey123 apps, as well as through a Web App designed for editing the data.

One other piece of information, if it's relevant - this is occurring in multiple View Layers based off of a single Feature Layer.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CHSnowman
New Contributor II

I pulled the layer into Pro via a Portal connection and looked at the attribute table. It looks like when disabling and re-enabling editor tracking Portal creates new (default) Editor Tracking fields instead of using those specified during the original publishing. So, if you're publishing a layer to Portal via Pro with custom Editor Tracking fields, you can't turn off and turn on editor tracking or you'll lose the custom editor tracking settings you had created. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CHSnowman
New Contributor II

I pulled the layer into Pro via a Portal connection and looked at the attribute table. It looks like when disabling and re-enabling editor tracking Portal creates new (default) Editor Tracking fields instead of using those specified during the original publishing. So, if you're publishing a layer to Portal via Pro with custom Editor Tracking fields, you can't turn off and turn on editor tracking or you'll lose the custom editor tracking settings you had created.