User wise Home Page

12-01-2016 01:14 AM
KrishV
by
Occasional Contributor III

Option to configure portal so that when user "x" log in, he must see his own gallery on home page and when user "y" log in, he must see his own gallery and also these users should have the capability of changing banners.

4 Comments
JoeHershman

This is a great idea hope Esri takes it up.  In addition to improving the user experience this is really needed from a security standpoint.   

PaulDavidson1

There is a commercial package available for doing this.  I've worked with it a bit on AGOL, where it's free.

Otherwise it's $500/yr/portal which seems quite fair.

I haven't really used it enough to have a valid opinion.  But of course I have one anyway: My impression was that I'll wait until our Portal usage is high enough and users are complaining about these issues.

Then I'll take the time to build it up and administer it.  My recollection is that it takes a bit of work to setup and to continue to keep it polished.

But it looked like it would provide that basics that most folks seem to want for separating out home views.

KellyGerrow

Hi, 

The ArcGIS Online development team is working on redesigning the home page for organizations. As this idea mentions some changes to the home page, we would like to get your feedback and thoughts on how you currently use the home page or how you would like to use it in the future. Your feedback would be very valuable in helping us improve its appearance and functionality.  We would really appreciate it if you would respond to this 5-10 minute survey:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5164980/ArcGIS-Online-Homepage-survey

Thanks,

Kelly

MaggieBusek
Status changed to: Closed

Thank you for your post! There have been significant advancements to the home page in recent releases. If the new home page editor still does not meet your current needs, please create a new idea providing feedback on suggested improvements.