Make layers and their related records fully functional in the New Map Viewer

04-05-2023 10:37 AM
SarahMyers
New Contributor III

We've found that the new map viewer will not add tables that are present in a map service to a new Web Map. The Map Viewer Classic will add them, but you are losing out on new functionality in the New Map Viewer. You can get the table into the New Map Viewer if the map was first saved in Classic, however their relationship to their parent layers is not present. We need layers and their related records to be fully functional in the New Map Viewer.

In speaking with Esri Support, they are aware of this limitation and asked us to post this idea. If this is an existing idea please direct us to it.  

5 Comments
MarkVonk

I strongly agree.

In the Classic Map Viewer all related records are shown perfectly and automatically.

In the (new) Map Viewer in ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 10.9.1 it is not possible to show related records. Esri Support says in version 11.1 it still won't work.

In ArcGIS Online though you can set related records by configurate pop-up in the Map Viewer. However, you have to make all related records manually, while in the Classic Map Viewer the related records in your hosted feature layer appear automatically

So two ideas to improve:

- Make patches to introduce related records in earliers versions of ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

- Let the (new) Map Viewer automatically make related records which are present in your hosted feature layer.

IgorAtamanchuk

Same here. We need to have a link to related records in the pop-up. Works well with the map viewer classic, but the new map viewer lacks this functionality. With data-centric solutions, this is a MUST. 

CalenDaugherty

I'll upvote this, but frankly "Ideas" should be reserved for new ideas / enhancements, not asking for functionality that was in older versions but is missing in newer ones. It is disappointing the new map viewer has been out for years and related records are not available. I think ESRI is really leaving users hung out to dry on this one.

LeeButler1

With WAB coming up for retirement this year I have started to migrate my web apps to ExB. However I am finding that if using non hosted data from a stand alone web server to is not possible to display related records in popups like I was previously able to in Map Viewer Classic and Web App Builder.  The ability for users to click on a point and view a list of related data is paramount in many situations.  Please rectify this limitation with the new map viewer and ExB when working with non-hosted data. 

DanMakridakis

ESRI, Please add this functionality!!