Callouts

05-29-2018 07:56 AM
Seth_Jetland
New Contributor III

My Organization is currently using ESRI's Portal and I am starting to get a demand for Callouts. The current process involves too many steps. Having to draw a box and type in the text and place it along with adding a leader line is just too long of a process. Has anyone come up with a work around? I thought maybe altering the Draw Widget would work, but so far I have had no luck. I wish when Online was created that ESRI just ripped over all of the Drawing capabilities instead of limiting us.  

3 Comments
JasonPlummer

Did you happen to get any ideas on this?  I have the same need and just curious.  Thanks!

Seth_Jetland

No, I have not heard anything back on this. I am almost tempted to just create a feature layer and have the symbology set to a JPEG of a callout and just have people enter their text.

Seth Jetland

GIS Technician

City of Grand Rapids

420 North Pokegama Avenue

Grand Rapids, MN 55744-2662

Office: 218-326-7649

Fax: 218-326-7621

Jennie
by Esri Contributor

@Seth_Jetland Myself and another colleague wrote a blog as we had experience with doing these on projects in our past roles in AEC Environmental Consulting. The workflow we developed isn't a solution, it's a launching point but analytical callout / chem boxes / spider diagram / exceedance table functionality in ArcGIS Pro would be greatly appreciated based on the customer calls we've had here at Esri. Thanks for posting this idea!

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/blog/articles/use-arcgis-arcade-to-step-out-of-the-static-envi...