ArcGIS online veiwer display different content when popup window is maximized

07-19-2012 01:22 PM
NianweiLiu
Occasional Contributor II
This enhancement request is for a different configuration setting for popup when it is maximized.
Currently, when the popup window is maxed, it simply change size but showing the same content. This is not very useful because in order to allow mess up the smaller popup window, we typically only show minimal attributes. However, when the screen real estimate is larger, we certainly want show more, even go to server grab additional information beyond the attributes tied to the feature, for example, one-to-many, master/child relationship type of content.

It would be even better if custom code can be executed inside popup (think http://jsfiddle.net/), but that may be a stretch.
2 Comments
by Anonymous User

Excellent idea. Could be used widely, and particularly relevant once we can re-size popups on the fly when that is implemented in API.  And Nianwei - your TOC was the bomb back in the day, thanks!

This is kind of the reverse of an idea I've had, but related. I wanted to see the DOM controlled by data, so that if you have a tree popup, the popup background and titlebar are green, or something. In other words, full control of HTML and DOM not just the handful of things it can parse now. Thus it would provide HTML driven by attributes. But this Idea is the reverse, showing attributes based on the HTML (popup window size). But I think if one is implemented, the other direction of this concept could be. Perhaps it could share some overlapping code (attributes <-> HTML/DOM). And while we can currently inject HTML programmatically, grab elements and customize them like I have heavily on my sites with jQuery UI etc; it would be nice to integrate these concepts in the API popup.

FYI - the JSFiddle is 404.

MaggieBusek
Status changed to: Closed

Hello,

Thank you for this Idea! We have made many enhancement to pop-ups. If your needs are still not met with current functionality, please create a new Idea with additional details.

Best,
Maggie