Allow Export capability for Registered Feature Services in ArcGIS Pro

03-22-2022 04:31 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Are there any plans/is it possible to enable export capability on registered feature services? 

I manage the GIS for a team of analysts who have only basic GIS skills. I have published registered feature services of large datasets (millions of point features) to our Portal, which the analysts know how to access directly in the Portal or in ArcGIS Pro. The services must be registered as they update very frequently.

The problem is that many of the analysts would like to be able to export small subsets of this data to do their own analysis in Excel, etc., but the option is grayed out in Pro because (I'm assuming) they are registered feature services. As a workaround, I have set some of the analysts up to connect directly to the source EGDB and other databases. But, this complicates/adds confusion and I'd prefer they just go to a single Portal source for all the data. It seems like this is not possible if they want the ability to export?

2 Comments
George_Thompson

Have you checked that the Extract capabilities are enabled on the service in Server Manager?

Try the Feature Class to Feature Class GP tool also.

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Yes! Thank you. I didn't realize you had to click "Feature Access" (even though already enabled) in server manager in order to view the extra feature access options (perhaps another ArcGIS Idea?). Also, in some Pro documentation I read it says "Feature layers that reference registered data sources do not support sync or export.", but now I'm thinking that is for older versions. 

Thanks!! You can mark this as implemented or delete it.