Black Screen

01-19-2016 02:00 PM
SethStark1
New Contributor II

I downloaded and installed ArcGIS Earth. When I opened it up I signed in using my AGO credentials. But, all I see is a black screen. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I meet all the system requirements (Windows 7, 64-bit. NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440).

The application seems like it is zooming in and the lat/lon changes when I move my mouse over the window; however, I see no data.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

reminds me of when students used to zoom off earth in arcscene and end up in the void...they hit esc to return to earth... but that would be too simple a solution

0 Kudos
SethStark1
New Contributor II

Sadly, esc didn't help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is data loaded to view isn't there? Like some sort of basemap/layer? or does it require you to load one?(haven't used it yet...but I would assume that there is... hopefully the default is looking down...not up )

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Seth,

We saw this during the Beta if the user hadn't set a proxy.  Are you using a proxy? If so, there's a personalization page in the settings that will allow you to set up your info.

Chris

SethStark1
New Contributor II

Hi Chris,

Our proxy does not require authentication, so ArcGIS Earth should be using the settings from my Windows internet settings, correct? I am able to access the internet through my browser, so the internet settings are entered correctly.

All that to say, it doesn't seem to be an issue with proxy authentication.

0 Kudos
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Seth. We have no proxy and I had this same problem in the beta. (Keep in mind this is through Parallels and not native Windows OS) To Fix my black screen I changed the LAN Settings of the Internet Properties of chrome to "Automatically Detect settings" Which is No Proxy, But for some reason i still had to specify. See pic.

2016-01-20_0953.png

So: On Windows 10, Chrome browser, Settings, Advanced Settings, Under Network -> Proxy Settings, LAN Settings Check "Automatically Detect settings"

That's what fixed it for me.

ScottSanford
New Contributor III

The "Automatically Detect settings" didn't work for me...

0 Kudos