Select to view content in your preferred language

Unistall ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5

11-14-2017 04:09 AM
StephenFowler
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I had ArcGIS v10.2 for Desktop installed on a PC and the licence needed to be updated.  I made the mistake of uninstalling v10.2 re-booting and installing v10.5.1.  I obtained a new provisioning file from my employer and licenced ArcGIS as normal.  ArcGIS said this had been successful.  However, when I tried to run the software I got a 'not authorized for use' error.  I then uninstalled everything once again and manually removed additional items following these instructions: http://joelmccune.com/completely-uninstall-arcgis-for-desktop/

After reinstalling ArcGIS 10.5.1  I got the same error.  I have tried de-authorizing ArcGIS but this didn't work.

I don't know what else to do.  I think I'd like to put my PC back to a time before ArcGIS was installed and start from scratch but don't how to do this as the Esri no longer provide a utility for this purpose.

It's all a bit of a mess.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
StephenFowler
Emerging Contributor

Hello Jayanta,

I'm having problems obtaining support from Esri.

If I try another new provisioning file, should I first delete all the files from the FLEXnet folder?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

yes please

Think Location
0 Kudos
StephenFowler
Emerging Contributor

Hi Jayanta,

I deleted all the files in the FLEXnet folder and authorized using another new provisioning licence file. 

This solved the problem.  I don't know what was wrong with the last licence file but, everything appears to work as it should.

Many thanks for your help.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad it worked!!!  

Think Location
0 Kudos