Trouble installing Arc Desktop Education Edition

09-20-2012 08:43 PM
KyleBinder
New Contributor
Hello, I am currently trying to install and use my educational edition (1 year) of ArcGIS desktop and cannot set it up properly.  I have already activated my ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial authorization number on the ESRI website, and installed the software on my computer using the code on my software envelope ( EVA*********). Even though the code has be authorized on both the ESRI website, as well as my computer, when I try and open Arc Map or Arc Catalog, I receive a popup saying "Arc Editor is not authorized for use. Access the Arc GIS Administrator... when I try and register with my code, it says that it has already been used ( by me, on this computer, 10 minutes ago) and that I can register using an ESRI authorization file (which i never revived). I would appreciate any help resolving this issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
@Kylebinder96,

Your 1 year Education edition license is NOT for ArcEditor or ArcView, rather ArcInfo.

Open ArcGIS Administrator -> Desktop and select the ArcInfo (Single Use) radio button. 

Simply make that adjustment and it should resolve things. Post back if it does not.

Stuart
0 Kudos
Usangiphile_EvileButhelezi
New Contributor

I'm am having the same problem, did you find any solution to this ?

0 Kudos