Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Analyst license issue

Jump to solution
07-15-2015 04:43 PM
ErikFernandez
New Contributor III

I have a license for spatial analyst and desktop advanced. Arcmap works fine but when I try to open a spatial analyst tool I get a prompt saying that there is no license currently available or enabled. When I open desktop administrator it shows 1 license and says "yes" under available.  It expires in 2041. So why am I getting this error? Do I need to do something in license manager to reauthorize or something? Thanks much in advance for any help.

Erik

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

go to the Customize Extensions menu...check it on if it isn't.  Administration and installation provides the license...checking it on is the key

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

go to the Customize Extensions menu...check it on if it isn't.  Administration and installation provides the license...checking it on is the key

ErikFernandez
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan, that did the trick. I'm a little embarrassed I forgot about this necessary step. Thanks for the quick response!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Erik...It is often forgotten since most people leave the extensions toggled on ... forever ... Then they forget how to do it when needed ... or that it is needed.  A habit that I have developed, is to toggle off and extension as soon as I don't need it.  I becomes instinctual then to toggle one on when needed.