License Manager via Wireless

Jump to solution
06-17-2015 11:54 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a question. If I have a lab with 31 licenses centralized in a License server. Is it possible that my client computers consume the licenses via wireless? is it possible?

thanks for your help!

DLL

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I assume this is a concurrent license manager?   If so, also assuming your network (suggest secure) wireless modem is set up correctly, this should work.  You may need to have a port open in you network, and if so, there are many threads on Geonet on how to specify an external post with you license manager files.

i actually access​ our license manager thru my secure wireless modem from home....although our IT will be removing the open port so this will be going away for us. (bummer)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I assume this is a concurrent license manager?   If so, also assuming your network (suggest secure) wireless modem is set up correctly, this should work.  You may need to have a port open in you network, and if so, there are many threads on Geonet on how to specify an external post with you license manager files.

i actually access​ our license manager thru my secure wireless modem from home....although our IT will be removing the open port so this will be going away for us. (bummer)

DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Thanks Rebecca, it is good to know that there is an other alternative for connecting to License Server Manager.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diego, if that answer works for, don't forget to mark it as answered so the question is closed. ​

0 Kudos