ArcMap display issues

06-05-2015 02:48 PM
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

One of my friends just bought a laptop with the following characteristics: OS (Win 7 Pro 64 bits)

13.3" Quad-HD IPS Touchscreen Display (3200 x 1800).

Intel Core i7-4510U 2 GHz. NVIDIA GT840M 2GB VRAM.

256GB Solid State Storage. 12GB RAM

Dual-Band 802.11 A/C. 8-Hour Battery life.

3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x miniDisplayPort, Bluetooth 4.0, SDXC slot

He installed ArcGIS for desktop 10.3.1 trial and used an EVA license. The installation process was successful. When he tried to open ArcMap the menu and toolbar were really small, as shown in this picture. ArcScene and ArcCatalog dont have this issue at the same resolution (3200 x 1800 dpi).

Other applications dont have this issue. Its only with arcmap. He deleted the normal mxt file, tried to repair the software, created a new windows user with admin privileges and nothing seems to solve this...

Any thoughts on this??

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this the default or "recommended" screen resolution? You can check this in the following location:

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution

In Control Panel > Region and Language what is set for the format under the format tab?

GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your comments. He was using the recommended screen resolution, we tried different options but it didnt work. So we just restarted the computer again and that fixed the problem.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gabriel,

Check if this works for you.

In ArcMap, Go to Customize > Customize mode > Options. Check "Large icons".

Hope it helps!!!

Think Location
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jayanta,

thanks for your comments. We tried this option but it only worked for the icons and not for the toolbox, or the toolbar menu. I checked in the forums and this problem occurs with ultra/high HD screen resolution.