ArcMap 10.6.1 ORA-0933

11-04-2018 06:37 AM
AshrafMousa
New Contributor II

Connecting to Oracle From ArcMap 10.6.1 Give ORA-0933

Recently we upgraded to ArcGIS 10.6.1 and migrated our Oracle client to 12c R1, now when I am trying to create a new connection using ArcMap or ArcCatalog I am getting ORA-0933 Error (command not properly ended).

I am able to connect using the cmd but not using the Add Connection of ArcMap / ArcCatalog.

Is this a bug in 10.6.1? Is there any solution or workaround for this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasNoble
Esri Contributor

Hi Ashraf,

You might be encountering the following bug: BUG-000115420: The following error message, "Failed to connect. ORA.. 

The suggested workaround is to grant CREATE TABLE and CREATE SESSION privileges to the user from Oracle database.

If the workaround doesn't resolve the pragmatic behavior, please give Esri Technical Support a call at 1-(888)-377-4575 and choose option 2. You can also visit our website to request a case or begin a live chat: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Best Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is Oracle client 12c R1 equivalent to Oracle 18c?  It's very confusing with this new updated naming convention that has two different numbers.

0 Kudos
JariSiiskonen
Esri Contributor

Yes, the patch fixes connection to Oracle 11.2 and 12.x and adds support for connection to new 18.