ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 single use authorization issue

07-06-2018 02:50 AM
EmilianoPetrelli
New Contributor III

Hi to everybody,

I'm try to authorize my single use Advanced Developer license on a new laptop but no way to do it.

I've try every single options (internet, offline using My.ESRI portal) with no luck, also try to reinstall all the desktop application but I'm still in trouble.

This is what happend to me:

1. Open with admin privileges ArcGIS Administrator 
  2. Select ArcMap Advanced Single Use and click on authorize...
  3. I've selected the option "Register option by internet" and fill required information and click next until the form to enter the ESU number.
  4. The registration process starts but hangs on "Authorizing software..."

This is what I've done trying to solve the problem:

- Delete from C:\ProgramData FlexNet folder

- Disable antivirus and firewall

- Offline registration process

- Reinstall all the ESRI stuff (first with a repair then with a complete uninstall/install)

- Throw my laptop through the window...

Here my sistem environment:

- Windows 10 spring update

- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5

- ArcGIS Server 10.5

- 8Gb RAM

- CPU intel i7-6500U

Is there someone else with a similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Emiliano

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

hmmm are you certain it is single use and not named user?  You might want to review this first, even though I am sure you did

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.5/get-started/installation-guide/introduction.htm

0 Kudos
EmilianoPetrelli
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

i'm sure is a single Use license and I retrieve ESUXXXXXXX code from My.esri website under Developer Program section.

Furthermore I've try to register the same code to another PC with success (of course I've already un register it before try again on my laptop).

Thanks for your suggestion

Emiliano

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if you went through the de-registration process, I can only recommend contacting Tech Support so they can walk you through any specific issues

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

It is possible you're trying to authorize 10.6 license for 10.5 application.  But Dan is correct, please contact Esri Technical Support.  An analyst can verify your ESU authorization number to determine if it is the correct version, valid number, etc.  Also the authorization file could be valid but the other variables such as application install, OS issues, other applications, etc.  Again an analyst can help trouble these issues. 

0 Kudos