ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop - installation issue

Jump to solution
12-21-2015 05:45 PM
HynekGerlich
New Contributor II

Hello, I was installing ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop and everything was fine, but then the installation was paused by this:

tomsawyer.png

Retry didn't work, so I decided to ignore it. I think 3 or 4 same windows appeared next (only a suffix for that file changed) and I ignored all of them, The installation successfully ended and I was able to start ArcMap. Could this cause any problems? I have no idea what's this Tom Sawyer Software for.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HynekGerlich
New Contributor II

I tried to repair the installation of ArcGIS, and everything went smoothly. I checked the registry and that specific file has its key there, so I guess the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A few questions:

What operating system are you running?

Do you have admin rights?

Do you have an antivirus program running (and can you disable while installing)?

You may want to look thru this troubleshooting guide for the 1904 error.  It's a bit dated, but may give some ideas on what to try (if thinking about the questions above doesn't help)

35361 - Troubleshooting Error 1904

edit: btw, I have the Tom Sawyer folders and files on my machine too...

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
HynekGerlich
New Contributor II

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, I'm an administrator and I can disable antivirus during the installation. I checked that article during the installation, but it looked quite old, so I didn't try anything, as broken ArcGIS is momentally more acceptable than a broken computer

I have these files, too.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should have a cruise around here ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support

for some targeted information

HynekGerlich
New Contributor II

Thanks, I'll look around. So far ArcMap is running fine.

0 Kudos
HynekGerlich
New Contributor II

I tried to repair the installation of ArcGIS, and everything went smoothly. I checked the registry and that specific file has its key there, so I guess the problem is solved.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Good to hear it's working.  Hopefully you don't run into problems down the line.  You may want to close out this thread by marking any helpful comments, and one as the answer (if any were) or assumed answered if it just fixed itself.  If/when you run into a specific error, I would suggest opening a new thread and referencing this...or come back to this and un-mark the assumed answer (so users know it is still an issue) and state the new info.

0 Kudos